A List of Basic Supplies
• Dog Food - Dry Blue Buffalo Chicken and Brown or Chicken and Oatmeal Life Protection for
small breed puppies
• One can of soft Blue Buffalo puppy food for first few days for a special treat to acclimate to his/her new home. (Please see starter pack example on Preparing for a New Puppy Page)
• Healthy treats
• Stainless-steel non-tipping food and water bowls (shallow)
• I.D. Tags with the contact information for yourself and your veterinarian
• Puppy Harness (XS) then if you would like transition to...
• A “breakaway” collar
• Dog shampoo
• Brush, fine comb,and grooming scissors
• Towels and blow-dryer
• Chew Toys
• Cleanup supplies such as a stain remover, baby wipes, paper towels, deodorizing spray
• Potty Pads
• Soft bed
• A house training crate with divider panel will allow you to adjust the length of the living area as your puppy grows. Keep the living space small enough to reduce the chance of your puppy going potty in one end and sleeping in the other.
(Please see examples on Preparing for a New Puppy page.)
• An exercise pen. This playpen connects to the Crate to Create a Personal Den-Like Space with Room to Exercise and Stretch. (Please see examples on the Preparing for a New Puppy page.)
There are many other helpful and fun products available at pet supply stores. One of my favorite websites for puppy supplies is www.Amazon.com and www.chewy.com. There are several options out there, decide which will be a best fit for your Shichon, Maltipoo, Mal-shi, Shih Poo or Teddy bear puppy and your lifestyle.
Happy shopping & of course, feel free to call or email us anytime with questions. Thanks, Monti